Looking for a good deal on individual health and dental insurance? Finding the right health insurance is quite difficult today. Even more difficult is finding the right insurance package deal, but it is not impossible. There are thousands of health insurance providers who are competing to stay on top and the only way they can do this is when people like you and me buy their services. Different companies offer different types of plans. While some offer only general health insurance, there are others which offer package deals including individual health and dental insurance.
Different plans also have different costs, deductibles and premiums and these details are something that you have to be really careful about when purchasing an individual health and dental insurance package. Here are some of the important things that you may have to consider in order to get the best package deal at an affordable price.
1. How much is the monthly premium – when companies offer package deal such as health and dental, they charge slightly higher premium. This is much better than buying separate health and dental plans, but is the amount of premium something that you will be able to afford? Combining two or more services per plan is a good idea, but may not be affordable for many. Before choosing your package deal, make sure that you can afford monthly premium.
2. How much extra you have to pay when you make a claim – there are some plans which require you to pay something extra when you visit your doctor. This amount is usually a fixed amount and has to be paid out of pocket. The amount you pay depends on whether the health care provider belongs to the network of the insurance company and on the type of treatment you have received. When shopping around for a health and dental policy, make sure that the costs are mentioned clearly in the plan.
3. How much are the deductibles – before your coverage starts, you may be required to pay a certain amount of money out of your pocket. This amount usually determines the amount of monthly premiums you will pay. If you pay a higher deductible, you will be required to pay a lower monthly premium. When comparing insurance plans, make sure that you know how much your deductible will be.
4. How much extra you have to pay from your pocket – sometimes, apart from the deductibles, you have to pay a percentage of your medical costs. This is usually less than 30 percent, but you must find out what exactly is stated in your policy.
5. Which doctors can you receive treatment from – there are certain plans which have their own list of doctors and dentists that you can visit. However, there are some plans where you are free to choose your own health care provider. When you choose your own, you will be required to pay a higher premium and when you utilize the services of those professionals who belong to the insurance company’s network, you pay less premium. Compare to see which plan offers the most benefits and is also budget-friendly.